Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Toes on Tuesday

Finally! More photos and more finished objects.



Project: Basic Socks with short-row heels and twisted rib cuffs
Yarn: Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Socka Mit Bambou (with Bamboo)
Needles: US 1 dpns

Notes: Would you believe that it took me over a year to knit these socks? There were a few mitigating circumstances. Originally, they were going to be Monkeys, but the colors just didn't work, so I ripped back to the twisted rib cuff. Then I tried some other pattern, but that didn't work either. Finally, I just went with a basic stockinette. That worked as long as I kept my tension not too tight. Unfortunately, I lost the project part way through the first sock. I searched, then got distracted, then searched again. Finally, they reappeared and I was able to finish! The yarn is nice, but a bit busy. Still, they are good, basic socks.

No comments: