Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Random Wednesday

As suspected, it was a day out of the office, but it wasn't even close to a day off. I spent much of the day on teleconferences (I do love our speakerphone!) and when I wasn't listening intently to the calls, I was pondering an update to the staffing plan. As Young Man would say, "Is that all you do all day???" Yes, sweetie, welcome to my world.

Holding a book club meeting via teleconference isn't ideal, but it is better than nothing. We read The Thief Lord, by Cornelia Funke this month. Our November selection is either Humor or Young Adult and it is nice to end the year with an easy read. This was my second reading of The Thief Lord and I enjoyed it even more than the first.

Young Man had practice, but I really don't know why they bothered. They heard a pep talk from Kyle Harrison and another big lacrosse name and then had a bit of a practice. Then the coaches ended practice early because of the holiday. That would be great if the parents had known about it. So the boys without cell phones lined up with the parent on watch to call for rides home. I hope the parent on duty didn't have to wait the full time, but I suspect that she did.

The good thing about hanging out for practice is that I finished knitting a beanie for one of Young Man's classmates. I hope she likes it. Two girls found out that I knit hats and asked very nicely for one neon pink and one bright blue (aqua). I found the perfect colors in Caron Simply Soft. I really do not like knitting with acrylic, but the hats are pretty cute.

Brownies take the edge off the final intense battle scenes of Lord of the Rings. This is a good thing.

Tomorrow is another day at the office. It's a good thing that I like my office.

No comments: