Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Madness

Another thing for which I am thankful is that Young Man, who is already (!) 12 years old, still enjoys spending time with his parents. More specifically, he still enjoys spending the day with me. Okay, so there is the minor caveat that I cannot embarass him too much. So far, I haven't quite ascertained where that boundry lies. I am working on it and I'll let you know when I surpass it.

Today we took advantage of the fact that Young Man is still 12 and that we had a free ticket for Legoland lying around. Legoland is one of the few amusement parks that determines price by age and not height. Child tickets are for young people between 3 and 12. Thank goodness! That plus a AAA 10% discount (and that free ticket) made the day not ridiculously expensive. We did have a good time wandering around and riding rides. It was a bittersweet day because it might be nearly our last trip. Young Man really is outgrowing the park and Legos. I haven't outgrown Legos yet, but I am tiring of the rides. Still, it was a very nice day spent together and two nice drives (Legoland is an hour from our house).

Oh, and you may be wondering where the pictures are from this excursion? Well, um, I set the camera on the table to remember it and it was still safe and sound on the table when we returned. Of course, I did edit the earlier paragraph to add in the possibility of a return - another free ticket arrived in the mail today!

No comments: