This is the year of nakniswemodo09 (Ravelry link). What is that, you ask? It is the National Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon. Yes, 12 sweaters in 12 months. Insane? Probably. Fun? Definitely. So far, I have completed 8 of the 12 and am ~30% finished with #9. I think I'll finish 10 in the year. I'm okay with that. I'll have 9 gorgeous sweaters and a whole new set of knitting skills. I'm learning a lot. One of the things I learned with Sweater #6 is that I need to pay closer attention when the designer gives an option for a slightly higher neckline. This one is very nearly indecent. I have found a cami that looks okay underneath, but I dearly wish I had made the other option. Also, if I had held out just two more months, I would have had the new and improved version of the pattern.
Project: Buttercup, by Heidi Kirrmaier
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk DK
Needles: US 4 and US 5
Notes: I added waist shaping, knit four repeats of lace pattern at bottom, lengthened the sleeves, knit four repeats of lace pattern at bottom of sleeves, but used multiple of 5 instead of 6 for the patterning.
If I were to make it again, I would cast on fewer stitches for the back of the neck and do more shaping. To get the neck to fit without gaping, I had to snug in the edging a lot. I picked up one stitch for every two on the neck. The back of the neck fits, but the upper back has a funky puff. It sort of looks intentional.
Love the yarn! It feels great and isn’t splitty at all.