Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Foodie Alert: Dallas Area

Okay, if you are a foodie and you are in the North Dallas/Plano area, you need to get yourself over to Jasper's. there are actually four restaurants, but we went to the Plano location tonight. Oh, my! I met up with a friend and it was worth the drive (okay, ride for me, but I think she would agree about the driving). The food is fabulous and the whole ambiance was just right. We managed to make our server laugh out loud when we ordered identical meals and then paid with almost identical corporate cards. What can we say? Great minds were thinking alike. The soup of the day was a delicious tomato bisque. It had a little kick, but not too much and was served with a bit of Gouda. Yum! The Texas barbecue pork loin was fabulous and the cheesecake... Well, let's just say that I may need to skip the box lunch at my training class tomorrow, but it will be worth it!

And for another recommendation, S, this is the kidlit blog I told you about: A Fuse #8 Production. The author, Elizabeth Bird is a genius and is also a prolific reviewer on Goodreads and Amazon. She has never steered me wrong.

No comments: