Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Still In Texas

It's my last night in Texas. The next challenge will be to get a seat on my flight out tomorrow afternoon. I don't have a seat assignment and American Airlines wouldn't let me get a seat assignment tonight. Their website told me to sign in on the day of my flight to get a seat. This could be interesting. So, what are the odds that I'll get bumped to first class if I wait until I get to the airport to check in? Hey, it could happen! I know this because it has happened to me, but I was only that lucky once. It was a flight from LAX to Washington-Dulles and it was full of schoolchildren on their way to D.C. I won!

Tonight's dining adventure was a team dinner at Saltgrass Steak House in McKinney. It was quite good. My steak was cooked perfectly and the baked sweet potato was delicious! Unfortunately, I was completely spoiled by last night's dining adventure so the bar was raised quite high. Still, it is always nice to dine with good company (even if one of them is a Yankees fan).

Business travel isn't bad, but it will be very nice to get back home. Young Man misses me. He is getting back into the routine of lacrosse practices and wasn't even too unhappy that they had to run sprints today. He was rather surprised to discover that some of the workouts seem easier than they did last year. Growing and staying strong and in shape between seasons is paying off.

No comments: