Saturday, May 24, 2008

Socks Under the Saturday Sky


It is a partly/mostly cloudy day here. This is very odd, but not as odd as the rain and tornadoes that were about on Thursday. It made for a quiet day of watching the NCAA Men's Lacrosse Semifinals and then a trip to the zoo. It was cool enough for the monkeys to be out and about and we even saw the Margay! That is one kitty that is good at hiding from the public.

I spent some time on socks and am nearly finished with my first pair of Monkeys. Today, I leave you with something a bit more slithery.




Pattern: Bellatrix, by Monkey Toes (pattern is available free on Ravelry)

Yarn: Happy Feet from Newton's Yarn Company
Needles: US 1 for the cuffs and US 0 for the rest

Notes: This is a different pattern! It has graduated yarnovers that leave a nice, jaggedy look. I knit them in a Slytherin green appropriate for their namesake, that wickedest of witches from the Harry Potter books. All in all, I like the pattern and have really liked the versions of it that I have seen in more highly varigated yarns. This was my first time using this yarn and I'm waiting until these have a bath before I decide if I like it or not. The yarn seems okay. It isn't as soft as some, but it isn't bad. The problem is that this skein still smells very much like the sheep from whence it came! Somehow I don't think that warm sheep is a scent that will be very popular if the smell doesn't wash out.

No comments: