Monday, May 12, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away?


Imagine my surprise when I was greeted by this sight as I looked out the back door this morning! We rarely get rain at this time of year. We do get what we term "May Gray" where the marine layer hangs around until late morning or early afternoon. Sometimes that carries on until we have to call it "June Gloom." Rain, however, is unusual. The weather matched the spirits in the house. Young Man was feeling under the weather so I stayed home with him and reminded him to drink lots of fluids until he thought that he would float away. He is much better now and should be back at school on Tuesday.

I spent the morning making phone calls to arrange for all the work meetings that I was missing and then spent the afternoon knitting on my new Bellatrix socks. The second sock is half finished already. I'm still concerned that the yarn smells too much like sheep and it isn't as lusciously soft as some yarns I have recently purchased.

No comments: