Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Defensive Moves


Young Man was back out on the soccer field today. As I sat working at my desk it occurred to me that I could just as easily complete my work at home, so I hit the road in time to watch the second half of the game. Something tells me that I will never regret the trade-offs that I make to attend these games. This was another easy game for the team. Shortly after I arrived, their coach started requiring six passes before any shots on goal. After the next goal, the team was not allowed to score anymore. In this league, they keep the games to an eight goal maximum. The final score was 8-1. Even so, it was still fun to watch the intensity with which Young Man focuses on the game. He always knows where the ball is and is usually between the ball and the goal. Working after he goes to bed is a small price to pay to get to see that.

No comments: