Saturday, January 05, 2008

Storm Damage?

Northern California has had some wild storms, but down here things are pretty quiet. We had some wind and some rain, but the biggest result was that all lacrosse games were cancelled. We now have to wait another week for Young Man's season opener and the introduction of his long pole (six feet!) to club play. Still, Young Man looks stylish in his dejection.

Project 1: Wonderful Wallaby (youth 10)
Yarn: Plymouth Encore
Needles: US 6 and 8
Notes: Great pattern! My only quibble is with the hood. I knit the stockinette hood with garter stitch border. When I do this again, I will try the garter stitch hood. The border curls over and Young Man isn't very happy with that. He also thinks the hood makes him look like an elf. Mind you, he requested the hood and I think it looks much better than the hood on his old sweater.


Project 2: Knucks (size small)
Yarn: Plymouth Encore
Needles: US 4 dpns
Notes: these are my first ever gloves (or near-gloves, if you must) and they were so easy! Young Man requested these because his hands got cold when he was practicing in our backyard in the mornings. I was able to whip these up in one afternoon/evening of knitting and we are both very happy with the result.

No comments: