Thursday, January 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

To make up for yesterday, I get two posts today!

Let's Review: How much do reviews (good and bad) affect your choice of reading? If you see a bad review of a book you wanted to read, do you still read it? If you see a good review of a book you're sure you won't like, do you change your mind and give the book a try?

I find that I am not much swayed by reviews of books or movies by people who I do not know. If I am interested in the book, I will remain skeptical of the review until I have read the book and formed my own opinion. I may give a book that I am not certain of a try based on a very good review, but I will still ignore gushing reviews if I am positive that I will not like the book.

However, I am much more likely to be swayed towards or away from books by reviews from people who I know well. I have several friends who I trust to either recommend great finds or save me hours of frustration.

No comments: