Thursday, January 03, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

It's about time I came back to this! Let's see, what is today's question?

Anticipation: What new books are you looking forward to most in 2008? Something new being published this year? Something you got as a gift for the holidays? Anythin in particular that you're planning to read in 2008 that you're looking forward to? A classic, or maybe a best-seller from 2007 that you're waiting to appear in paperback?

Oh, dear, this is going to be another difficult one. I have a stack of new books to read and I want to read every single one RIGHT NOW! Really, it's as bad as knitting. I did give myself an early present to assist with both of my obsessions. I now have a nice book weight. I learned about these from my mother-in-law. With this I can knit (simple stockinette is best, obviously) and read at the same time.

Okay, back to the list. Well, I already have several books lined up for my book club. I just finished the January selection, Emma, by Jane Austen. Next up is the February selection, 1st to Die by James Patterson. Since I am the discussion leader, I had better read that one! We also have selected Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen, and The Gathering, by Anne Enright. I do hope that The Gathering is good. So often I am disappointed by award winners, but this one looks very good.

I also received a few books for the holidays. Feast, by Nigella Lawson is on my stack as are The World is Flat, by Thomas Friedman, and The Knitter's Book of Yarn, by Clara Parkes. It will certainly be a wonderful reading year!

No comments: