Friday, January 11, 2008

Palindrome & Paws

It's Friday! Woohoo! Okay, that is the extent of the energy that I can muster to celebrate this week. It did improve after Monday, but I am very tired now and ready for the rest of my glass of merlot. Tomorrow is the start of lacrosse season and the weather is going to be lovely! Today we do get to celebrate a finished scarf:
Yarn: Paton's SWS in Violet Natural, 4 balls with the greenish parts cut out
Needles: US 9 circular
Notes: I love the end result, but getting there was a trial! When I bought the yarn, I thought it was absolutely lovely. What I neglected to do was to look inside the skein. As I knit, I uncovered the odd green sections that didn't seem to go with the violet at all. In the other Natural colorways, the greens seem to work, but I don't think they work at all in this one. I did the only thing I could do, I cut out the offending color sections. This meant that the 3 balls I purchased were not enough. It took some hunting to find a fourth ball that didn't clash too horribly. I think I managed.

Look! It's another finished item. Okay, so it is just a dishcloth, but it is finished!

Project: Paw Cloth
Needles: US 6 (by using the smaller needles, I made this with one ball of yarn)
Yarn: Peaches & Cream
Notes: Quick and silly. The ombre obscures the pattern a bit, but it is still pretty cute.

No comments: