Ten on Tuesday - Ten Favorite Moments in Your Country's History
Oh, boy, one of them happened yesterday, but these are in no particular order
1. Same-sex marriage legalized in California. Yesterday was a very happy, very overdue day for lots of people and today was even better.
2. Emancipation Proclamation. Again, long overdue and shouldn't have even been necessary.
3. Signing of the Declaration of Independence. Without it I'd be talking about some other country.
4. Neil Armstrong walking on the Moon.
5. Women get the right to vote. Yet another moment that came much later than it should have.
6. Invention and popularization of baseball. We all know that Doubleday didn't really invent the game, but it's a nice story.
7. Minnesota Twins win the World Series (twice)!
8. California Angels win the World Series!
9. The end of prohibition. What is it with the stupid ideas that we have to go back and fix?
10. January 20, 2009. Please, oh, please, oh, please, let us bring in someone who has a clue!