Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beginning or End?

Today's Ten on Tuesday is about the things we hate about work. Okay, so I think that whining about my job is not the most appropriate blog fodder. Besides, I actually like my job. Most days I like it. It has its moments, like every job, I suppose. Probably the one thing I dislike most about my job is that I am not independently wealthy enough to not need a job. Still, I am lucky to work with some brilliant people and on interesting projects. Enough about that.

Instead, let's talk about endings and beginnings. Tomorrow is the end of another school year. Logically, the school year ended for Young Man on Friday (he even gave a celebratory yell). This week finds the children enjoying three "fun days" and rehearsing for the end of year program. The students also help their teachers clean out the classrooms and ready the school for summer camp. This year the school will hold its first eighth grade graduation. It should be an emotional night. So, this is the end of one era and the beginning of the next. After this week, Young Man is officially a sixth grader and is also a Middle Schooler. How did this happen so quickly?!

No comments: