Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's Too Early To Be So Behind

Whatever possessed me to enter the Most Socks Knit contest for SOS'08? I guess I was thinking of other summers when I actually had a full two-week vacation. Or maybe I was thinking of summers when I wasn't working proposals or mentally preparing myself for the contract we might win (and I will work). In any case, I am finding that the completed sock photos on Ravelry are causing me more stress than pleasure. This is not why I knit! I may just have to take a break from reading the completed socks threads. My natural competitive nature makes stepping down from a challenge very difficult.

I'm going to take my 3/4 complete sock and enjoy it. I'm even going to enjoy the next one. Mostly, I'm going to try very hard not to get sucked into guilt. NO GUILT! Knitting is fun, dammit!

No comments: