Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Ways the World Has Changed Since I've Been in School

1. World Wide Web - nope, it didn't exist back then. Just after I got out of college, we were able to use obscure search tools to comb are way through what little was out there. Yes, I remember "surfing" without a web. Gopher or Archie, anyone?

2. Itty Bitty Computers - they used to be huge! There was no such thing as a laptop. Even "portable" was a misnomer.

3. Cordless Phones

4. Cell Phones

5. European geography had a lot fewer countries

6. Germany is no longer East and West

7. Reusable space vehicles

I can't stand it. I just can't put down three more things that have changed. I already feel old and crotchety. I am not ready for the museum (even if the first computer I used is in one).

No comments: