Thursday, February 21, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Format

All other things (like price and storage space) being equal, given a choice in a perfect world, would you rather have paperbacks in your library? Or hardcovers? And why?

Okay, this was an easy question for the week. While I do enjoy the portability of paperbacks and their transience (so that I don't feel bad if they get creased or spotted), they are not my format of choice. If I could afford it and had the room, I would love to only have hardcovers in my library. There is something about the satisfying heft of a good hardcover. It just feels right in my hands. To satisfy this curious urge, I have taken to buying more hardcovers. No, I didn't win the lottery. What I do is to purchase used (or lightly used, or nearly new) books through Amazon booksellers. Often the hardcover is less expensive than the paperback even after shipping is included. Thrift and tactile satisfaction, score!

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

That was my initial reaction too!

I played too!