Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pick Myself Up, Dust Myself Off

Okay, I missed a day. I didn't mean to. Still, I don't have the good excuse that I had near the beginning of the year. There were no storms outside. Okay, there was a storm inside. The reason for not blogging was simple. We started our taxes last night and TurboTax is installed on my computer. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Actually, I don't mind doing taxes. Stop laughing. I really don't. I guess it is all those years of doing the books on the family farm or those two years of accounting in high school, but I rather enjoy figuring it all out and TurboTax makes even the daunting California 540 (relatively) painless.

The problem with the taxes last night was that I was not doing them. Mr. Engineer has decided that he needs to take a more active role in the family financial record keeping. He also couldn't wait until I finished the Oz costumes to get going. I will spare you the details, but it was a very challenging evening at Chez Engineer. We didn't even finish the income portion and no one touched the file tonight. It will all be finished before the 15th, but we might need more wine. We are also dangerously low on Thin Mints.

No comments: