Monday, April 14, 2008

Homestretch

It is still costume central here. The first full dress rehearsal is on Friday. I have cut out all six trees and fully sewn two of them. I started adding fabric paint (squiggles, really) to simulate bark and then need to add some leaves at the wrists. Then I need to hem the Good Witch's dress so she doesn't trip. The director also wants a fur vest for the Cowardly Lion and one jacket needs some work. Then we will be FINISHED. It is hard to believe, but six Guardians, 19 monkeys, a Wicked Witch, a Tin Man, a Scarecrow, two Crows, the Munchkins, and six Poppies are ready to go. I still need to do something for Young Man to add to his citizen of Oz costume, but that can wait until the trees are finished. The performances are on Tuesday and Wednesday and, best of all, I don't have to go to JoAnns again! Don't get me wrong, I like JoAnns, but I am getting really tired of going there twice each weekend.

No comments: