Monday, March 10, 2008

Give Me 5 Monday - Relax

Give Me Five ways you like to de-stress, relax, wind down or kick back.

1. Knitting! No kidding. I knit during lunch most days to de-stress. I knit at home to forget about all the stuff that needs to be done. I knit in the car, in planes, and while waiting in line.

2. Reading. I really enjoy reading every night. Young Man and I have a regular date to read for 15-20 minutes (more, if we can manage it). I also try to read for a few minutes just before bed. It seems to erase all the other stuff that tries to keep me awake.

3. Watching TV. Usually I watch TV and knit. If I'm totally over-stressed, I just veg out and flip channels.

4. Bake. I am a pretty good cook and enjoy it, but I really like to bake stuff. When I was a kid, my mother was way too busy at mealtime to teach me to cook. However, she did have time to teach me to bake. I love baking cakes, muffins, and bread. I don't particularly like making cookies because they are too fiddly.

5. Lurk through yarn stores. This is a dangerous form of relaxation because it can be very expensive. Alternatively, I just go through my stash and pet the yarn. What? I don't have a problem!

No comments: