Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Goodness, Are Those Socks???


Project: Hedera, by Cookie A
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Stretch in 8005
Needles: US 1 dpns, like always

Notes: Don't everyone faint, but I finally finished a project! This was an easy to memorize pattern that knit up quickly when I actually picked up the needles. The yarn was a new experience. The stretchiness makes it a little tricky to work with, but the finished result is very nice. These are comfy and the color in the photo is pretty close. I knit the pattern pretty much as written except that I added one or two repeats on the leg. That wasn't really necessary, but I do like my socks fairly long.

I actually finished a pair of summer socks while it is still summer! Any goals that I had for the Summer of Socks are well and truly left by the wayside. Life has been far more important than knitting and that is fine by me.

No comments: