Monday, August 25, 2008

Just a Softy

I know that I can't be the only one who teared up while watching Senator Teddy Kennedy speaking at the Dem convention tonight. Maria Shriver definitely had the waterworks going even though she tried her best to stay strong. It really is a passing of an era.

Don't get me wrong, just because I am one of those liberals (c'mon, you all knew that already) doesn't mean that I have unconditional love for the Kennedys. I never did get that whole fascination with the family thing. Still, Teddy has been on the national stage for as long as I can remember and I am going to miss him. It was really hard to think that this is likely his last convention and he might not even make it to 20 January 2009 (no matter what he pledged). I really hope that he gets to see President Obama sworn in. Okay, I really hope that I get to see President Obama. Hope is starting to creep in...

No comments: