Thursday, August 07, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Other Worlds

Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?
Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?
What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life?
(This came to me when reviewing a Jonathan Carroll book - I’m not sure I’d like to live in the worlds of his books.)

Hmmmmm. I always wanted to visit J.R.R. Tolkein's world (Hobbit, LOTR), but I'm not sure that I would want to live there. Okay, I could probably manage without the internet, but I'm rather fond of the whole electricity thing. I would love to be a friendly muggle that the wizards trust enough to take me in occasionally to JK Rowlings' world (after Voldemort was gone, of course). I really can't imagine any author writing about my life. Any good ones would be bored to death and then he/she wouldn't be around any more. I guess I'll just have to write about my own life some day!

I'm rather enjoying the "other world" that I'm visiting this week and kind of sad that we will be leaving tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to going home, but all this greenery and clean air is fabulous.

1 comment:

SmilingSally said...

I think that having a writer write you means that they would decide what experiences you'll have.