Saturday, October 01, 2005

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm....

First is a quizzical hmmmm. I don't know, I just don't know. This is the first half of the first Parrot sock. I have heard that other Opal knitters are having problems with the patterning of this yarn. The ribbing had me almost ready to frog, but the leg seems better. I think I will stick these out. It is difficult now that the new 6 Sox pattern is up. I have that yarn picked out (from stash, even) and really want to cast on.


Next up is a more interesting hmmmm. Here is my first progress shot of Kiri. I have finished 8 repeats of the lace pattern and one ball of Kidsilk Spray. Part of me wants to take a break because it isn't so challenging now that I have the pattern memorized. The reasonable part of me says to keep going now that I have the momentum. The plan is to give this to the wonderful teacher of Young Man's third grade class.

Finally, we have the hmmm of satisfaction as I continue on Claptotis. I believe I am in the 14th repeat of the straight section. I think I will go for 16 repeats. We'll see. It may need more as I do not want it to be too short. There is some pooling going on, but it seems to be working out nicely.

1 comment:

JJ said...

I think Kiri looks beautifully feathery!

I'm quite impressed by your sock collection. It is WAY bigger than mine.

I don't care for colours/pattern on the socks you are working on but maybe they look better from several feet away.