Sunday, April 16, 2006

Not Close to New England

We are about as far as we can get from New England while remaining in the contiguous United States. Still, we have a little taste of the area right here on the blog.


Project: New England from Knitting on the Road, by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Brown Sheep Company Wildfoote in Little Lilac
Needles: US 0 DPNs (these are soooo much smaller than US 1s!)
Notes: Another wonderful pattern from the ever-talented Nancy Bush. I knit these per the pattern with the exception of the toes. Since these are a gift, I stuck with the toe shaping that I know I like. I really like the lacey diamonds. I could see myself knitting these again. Well, I may knit them again once I've forgotten how long it takes to knit with those small needles!
Recipient: I haven't decided, but they may be a teacher appreciation week gift for the best third grade teacher in the state. We are biased, but Young Man's teacher is really wonderful.

Can you believe that I finished two projects in one weekend? Amazing. I'm still knitting away on my FLAK, but the warm weather is making it less appealing. I'm re-swatching for Aran Rose from Interweave Knits. I'm planning to do it in a Debbie Bliss Cotton DK in a delicate peach color (thus the "Aran Rose Peach" name in the progress area). More socks are certainly to come. I have a nice Regia cotton Surf Color lined up for the Six Sox Knitalong socks. Yes, it's time for some spring knitting!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

NICE job on your New Englands! They are simply stunning. I'm curious to see if you did that channel cast on. YOUNG MAN's teacher will be thrilled!