Saturday, April 29, 2006

In Which Questions Are Answered

A perusal through the comment logs tells me that I have been remiss. There are questions about and the curious want answers. So, today's post will be about the past.

First off, a big thank you to Kay for the shout out at Mason-Dixon Knitting. It's so fun to have publicity! Next a HUGE thank you for all the complements from my readers. Appreciation feels good!

Now for those anwers that were promised.

For Rebecca in CO, yes, I did use the channel cast on for the New England socks. It was not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. The only downside was that the doubled yarn meant that there was an extra end to weave in. The tops of the socks do seem to curl but they seem to lie flat when on.

For Allison, the colorway of the Gryffindor Socks is Regia Nation farbe (color) 5393. I purchased mine at Velona Needleworks and I also saw that Suzoo's Wool Works had several skeins of this the last time I was there.

For Jennifer, I don't think that all the house colors can be recreated in Regia Nation colors, but there is a yellow/black that would be a good Hufflepuff substitute. There is a green and white, but not a green and grey.

Eyja, you are braver than I. No way, no how was I going to weigh my stash. There are some things I don't want to know.

One more for Rebecca in CO, I completely relate to your daughter the chemical engineer. My degree is actually in chemistry, but I work in engineering. It is all good and, yes, we are a little different.

No comments: