Sunday, April 02, 2006

"I'm Telling Dad!"

It was an average day, just another April 1st. I had heard about this Flash Your Stash thing and thought I might give it a go. It took a little while to get it all organized and photographed and then Mr. Engineer installed a new hard disk in my link to the outside world, so the pictures had to wait until today to be seen. I have heard that the first step to solving a problem is to admit that you have one. Okay, let's see.....



First we have the sweater yarn stash. No problems here. My goodness, several of those skeins are being used right now for my FLAK, so they aren't technically even stash yarn. Three other sets have already been swatched and are ready to knit. All of these have patterns tagged and are in queue.



Next is the sock yarn. Absolutely no problems here! We have a nice variety of yarns and all will eventually be worn by someone. Very nice. If there is a problem, it could be that the stack doesn't have any STR in it!



The felting stash is very small. Again, all this yarn has patterns ready and are in queue for knitting. I even have fabric ready for the linings of the two bags that are in the raw state here.



The frou-frou yarn isn't too bad. I'm glad that I discovered real yarn before I bought too much of it. Still, the Fun Fur makes fun hats and I have some takers for scarves. Young Man appreciated my "gift" of the Bernat Disco. It's allllllll his, baby.



Okay, there may be a little problem here with the scarf, hat, and baby sweater yarn stash. I don't have any babies to knit for so what am I doing with yarn for 3-4 baby sweaters???



Put it all together and it isn't so bad, right????

As I was almost half finished with the photography, Young Man walked into the room. He stopped and gasped, "I'm telling Dad that you have too much yarn!" I quickly countered with the logical response that he has too many toys. Thus a stalemate was born. Mr. Engineer did peek in the room as the final photo was being taken. He asked if I had added a box or something to make it look like more. When I responded that I had not, he paused and then said, "Well, you should." He then quickly left the room. Hmmmm.

Here is my stash in its native habitat where it plans domination over lives in peaceful harmony with the quilting stash.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Nice variety of stash you have there. I may flash mine when I take it out to pack, but I have so much it's really scary!

Eyja said...

I sorted through my stash yesterday and now it's all neatly divided into carefully marked ziplock bags. I weighed it and it's over 8 kg (17.6 lbs). Sigh! I think I'm going to donate some of it.