Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Moodiness

Does it bother you to find errors in knitting patterns? I'm not usually bothered because I know that typos can sneak in no matter how hard you try to eradicate them. If the pattern is printed in a book, there are just that many more steps in the process where errors can occur. I do get a little annoyed when I find an error that isn't included in the errata on the publisher's website and the book has been out for over a year. I can't be the only one who has noticed that knitting 30 heel rows will give you 15 slipped stitches, not 18. I guess that isn't the world's worst error, but I could see it really bothering a new knitter. For anyone who is keeping track of these things, the pattern is Merino Lace Socks from Favorite Socks from Interweave Knits. I'm really enjoying the pattern and the yarn is more Trekking Pro Natura. Sweet!

In a happier mood, I have another finished object.


Pattern: Shedir from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Calmer
Needles: US 3 dpns and 16-inch circular

Notes: This is at least the fourth Shedir hat that I have completed. I just love the cably goodness and the soft yarn. Last weekend I picked up some Reynolds Jeannee to see if it makes as nice of a hat as Calmer. I doubt it, but I found a local collector for chemo caps and they don't want any wool content in their donated hats.

No comments: