Thursday, July 03, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Holidays

It’s a holiday weekend here in the U.S., so let’s keep today’s question simple–What are you reading? Anything special? Any particularly juicy summer reading?

Oh, thank you for an easy one. My brain is mush tonight, but the proposals went out! On top of that, a cake has been baked for the July 4th block party, a coffee cake has been baked for breakfast and the entire family has airline tickets for the entire family vacation! It has been a good week and we are looking forward to a great block party. The only downside is that Young Man came home with a wicked sunburn. He spent the day at a water park and the good coat of sunscreen that I gave him this morning didn't hold up through an entire day of water. Apparently, he had the opportunity to reapply, but claims there wasn't enough time. I seriously hate that t-shirts aren't allowed on the water slides and that the lines to get to the top of the slides are unshaded.

Anyway, on to books. My main book right now is the book club selection for July. We are reading Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. This is a complete about face from the rather depressing books I have been reading lately. This one is almost unbelievably uplifting. No, it is not great literature, but it is a great summer read. I have quite a stack of vacation reading ready, but I couldn't resist picking up a total fluff book today. I grabbed Maggie Sefton's A Killer Stitch. This is perfect for a no-thinking vacation!

No comments: