Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Buttons

Today's new button is from Chappysmom. I love books, but I don't have nearly the time to read that she has. Still, I manage.


This week's question is, "What were your favorite books of 2006?" As expected, this is a tough one. My favorite of the year was probably 1776, by David McCullough. I just love Mr. McCullough's writing. I thoroughly enjoyed his John Adams in 2005 and liked 1776 just as much. He makes history ever so much more enjoyable than the textbook writers (at least the ones who wrote the textbooks I read). I hadn't expected to learn as much as I did while reading this book. I mean, all US children know about the Revolution, right? Wrong!

Another favorite was The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume 1, by Arthur Conan Doyle. I had a fabulous time revisiting old favorites and discovering new ones as I made my way through this volume.

For anyone wondering about the template changes, I'm looking for a new year change and this may or may not be it.

No comments: