Sunday, January 04, 2009

Curl Up With a Book Sunday


The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, Book 1) The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
As usual, the book is far better than the movie. I was pleasantly surprised to see how closely to the book the movie was kept. Given the details in the book, that wasn't easy. As I had been told, the author's true feelings about the Church didn't really come out in this first book of the trilogy. I had no problem with he views, but I know of others who have been troubled. I think that Philip Pullman is a very talented author. He drew me into a world that was so different from my own and yet, I never questioned it. Lyra is such a strong child. She made me wish that I had been stronger in my youth. On to the second book!


View all my reviews.

No comments: