Thursday, March 15, 2007

Booking Through Thursday


  1. Speaking of writing in books, what about writing the entire thing? Do you write? Aspire to write? Dream about writing? I dream about writing, but it has never been more than a dream. Why? I have had several excuses for this over the years. At first, I thought that I hadn't "lived" enough (whatever that means). Then, I claimed that I didn't have the time. Now, I think I just am lazy. Writing is work. Passion is important, but good writing does take time and dedication. At this point in my life, that is not where my head is at. Maybe that will change in time. Mr. Engineer is convinced that I could be a fabulous writer and he wants me to write the Great American Novel so that we can both retire. Now who's the dreamer?

  2. If you do write, do you do it for yourself, or because you hope to be published? (Or because you ARE published?) When I do write or even contemplate writing, it is for me. Being published is just too far out of sight to contemplate. Well, the absolute truth is that I am published - I had a research paper published in an obscure scientific journal when I was in college, but it's not something that is on my resume any more!

No comments: