Monday, November 06, 2006

Warming Up to Civic Duty

If you are a US citizen and eligible to vote, don't forget that Tuesday is Election Day. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain. Mr. Engineer and I completed our absentee ballots (all five pages!) on Saturday and turned the pain of going through the propositions into a civics lesson for Young Man. Our future engineer was quite impressed with the amount of thought that we put into each issue and that we didn't really work together on determining how to vote. We each read the propositions (or at least the summaries) and the candidate statements and came to our own conclusions. So, I won't tell anyone how to vote, but please do go out and cast your ballot.

I even believe in rewards. My reward was to cast on for A Cardigan for Arwen. Your reward is the long-promised photo debut of a finished project:


Project: Interlocking Balloons scarf from Scarf Style

Yarn: Almost exactly four balls of RY Cashsoft DK in Charcoal

Finished Size: 7 1/4 inches by 62 inches (more or less, after blocking)

Needles: US 6 Addi Turbo circular (I LOVE those needles)

Notes: Pretty quick knit with just enough thought to keep me interested through the repeats. I love Cashsoft DK. It just feels so good to knit! This one is a gift and I hope the recipient likes it.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Such a pretty scarf! I'm going to give that one another look.