Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful

I am thankful for my family. Young Man and Mr. Engineer keep me smiling and grounded at the same time. My extended family back in Minnesota reminds me where I am from and keeps me humble. My chosen family here in California makes this odd, sunny place feel like home. My internet family shares my interests and keep me honest.

I am thankful for my skills and for the fabulous designers whose patterns and instructions have given me so much joy creating with yarn, paint, clay, beads, fabric, and stitches.

I am thankful for health and happiness, and jobs that put food on the table and a roof over our heads. This was a rough year at work. Mr. Engineer was laid off after 19 years, but found a new job within a couple of weeks.

I am thankful for a son who did his holiday homework assignment with only two reminders.

It is a beautiful day and I give thanks to all of you.

No comments: