Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Taking Stock and Taking Credit

It's been a busy week, but I feel like I've accomplished a few things. On Friday, I (finally) sent in my Red Scarf. I also sent a check to represent the red scarf that I'm knitting for a gift (thus saving Lisa the shipping hassle). Friday was also Goodwill donation day. Many perfectly good clothes made their way to the local store. Since some of those were donated because they were too big, I was especially happy to see them go to new homes. I also got a bonus by finding three 100% wool sweaters that cost me $14 total! Monday night, DH and I finished the edits to our wills. That's not something we want to think about, but we need to get our wishes on paper to ensure that darling son is cared for.

Today was the day that I spent some time on myself. This was annual mammogram day! Woohoo! Okay, so it's not the most fun event of the year, but it is an important one. I'm to the point now when I get to have them every year. To my knowledge, no one in my family has had breast cancer, but there is always the possibility that I could be the first. The squishing is worth the peace of mind.

On the knitting front, I finished another baby sweater on Saturday (pictured above). This was one of the weird dye lot sweaters. I'm still not too happy with it. It's okay, but not what I pictured when I started. I'm about 2/3 finished with a scarf for one of my son's teachers. Shhhhh. It's a surprise! She is moving (waaahhhh) and I want to do something special. I'm also planning to make her a felted bag. I was weak on Friday. The flush of good feeling after visiting the post office lasted all the way through a trip to the yarn store where I was sorely tempted. Resistance was futile. I just couldn't help myself and I ended up with several gorgeous skeins of Noro Kureyan. Ah, well, so much for frugality.

No comments: