Sunday, April 24, 2005

Socks, Socks, Socks!

I am really having fun with socks. This surprises me. It never occured to me that knitting socks could be so satisfying. I finished my second pair last weekend and started the third pair Thursday during a school field trip. We were stuck on a bus for over an hour in each direction and I was up near the front away from the screaming hoards. Okay, so the hoards weren't that bad, but it was much more peaceful up front. I really wanted to start work on a felted bag. Since that bag is intended as a gift for the teacher who was in the seat across the aisle from me, this did not seem like the best time to begin. Thus, I picked socks. They are small, portable, and they amazed the children sitting behind me.

The pair I finished last weekend were just plain fun. I used Regia Stretch Crazy Colors and the Unity Socks pattern (which seems to have disappeared from the web). My neighbor now wants a pair as does my son. Another neighbor wants a pair like the first pair I made. This could get addicting.

No comments: