Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ready to Wrap


Project: Pacific Northwest Shawl, by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Mountain Colors Winter Lace in Deep Blue
Needles: US 6 circulars

Notes: Love this shawl! I picked up the yarn and pattern while on a trip when I had a serious lace attack. I did a lot of this knitting while on planes and in airports. I cast on 28 September and cast off 1 November. It took me until Friday to block it and Sunday to get a photo shoot. It's huge and so fun! I love the Winter Lace feel. Still, I am having the same problem with this yarn that I have with other Mountain Colors fibers - the colors run! I had very blue fingers by the time I had pinned this out. I probably ended up with a less-extreme blocking than I might have done had I not been rather freaked out by my fingers! Still, it is a lovely shawl. I'll just have to be careful not to spill water on it when I am wearing it!
And, yes, the shawl is ready to wrap. It will wrap me up in lacy goodness. This one is for me!

No comments: