Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another Year Over...


Well, it is almost over. This was the sky on Christmas Eve morning. Christmas Day was a very blustery day. We had rain and wind that made it an excellent day to go no farther than our next door neighbors' house for good company and food (and presents!).

We also brought some presents with us, including these gloves for the mother of our neighbor.



Project: Queen of Diamonds Fingerless Gloves, by Melissa Burt from KnitPicks
Needles: US 0 an 1 dpns
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss in Dusk

Notes: This was a pretty easy pattern except that I think there was an error in the instructions for the left glove. When I tried it on after laying out the fingers as suggested, it didn't seem to fit at all. A minor adjustment to where the fingers started and all was well. I also added a little length between the thumb and starting to divide for the other fingers. This worked well for me and I don't think it made the gloves too long for the recipient. I liked the pattern so much that I think I will make a pair for myself!

And I leave you with a shot of our very civilized snow - it stays up on the mountains where it belongs. We can visit it (if we wish) and we can admire it as we drive along on the freeway, but we don't have to shovel it!

No comments: