Friday, February 02, 2007

For Brigid

It is time for the Second Annual Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading. I present my longtime favorite, Emily Dickinson, in honor of all the new presidential candidates:

I ’M nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there ’s a pair of us—don’t tell!
They ’d banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!



Now for the details on the step socks. The yarn was Austerman Step, needles US1, and pattern a simple 6x2 rib. This was my first experience with Step yarn. I am still not so sure about the colors, but the socks feel wonderful! I am taking a class this week and the only way I can stay awake (short of caffeinating myself to the point of jitters) is to knit during class. I hope the instructor isn't too offended. I was able to finish the second half of this pair and have finished the first half of a new pair of Trekking socks. So I'm learning and getting new socks! It's a great week.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the Austermann Step yarn ... so soft! How wonderful for you that you are able to stitch and go to training at the same time. My Chem Engineering daughter used to insist that she could crosstitch and listen to me as I taught her. I didn't believe her at first and then I gave her an opportunity to prove to me she could. And, of course she could! She crosstitched all the the way through high school :-)