Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Saturday is a Saturday


Right? This is a Saturday Sky, it just happens to be the sky from last Saturday. The sky today is much the same, but the moon is no longer nearing full. The weather forecast is for rain tomorrow. I'm not so sure.

The forecast for inside is for smooth sailing to the holiday. The final touches went onto the handknits bound for eastern destinations. Mr. Engineer took care of packing and shipping and now the gifts are on their way. I am still working on some items that will stay closer to home and there is that FLAK. I am nearing completion of the second sleeve then it is on to the body!

This is my first needle felting project. It isn't so bad. It's even kind of cute.


The clogs ended up very cute. I used some Tulip puff paint to give the bottoms less slipperiness. The last question is will they fit?

3 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Your cow is wicked cute! From the photo, it doesn't even look like needle felt. Well done.

Great idea on the slippers too. I bought the Fiber Trends pattern this weekend and enough wool to make 3 pairs. But I scoffed at the price of those leather slipper bottoms. I planned to cut my own from the leather squares they sell at Michael's, but this is an even cheaper and easier option. Thanks!

Jane said...

Oh, your needle felting is really nice! And one of these days, I'm going to make a pair of those Fiber Trends slippers. I like the idea of using the puffy paint on the bottoms.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm impressed! I have a needle felting kit but haven't tried it yet.