Saturday, May 13, 2006

Finally, Time to Knit

Well, time to post, actually. The knitting has been coming along just fine. First off we have another pair of completed socks (without even enough time to post a progress shot).


Pattern: Denmark from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush (April/May sock from the KOTR KAL)

Yarn: Cashsoft DK by RY Classic Yarns in 507 (beige) I used almost exactly one ball per sock. I had just a few yards left when I was all finished.

Needles: US 2 (2.75mm)

Notes: Another great pattern from Nancy Bush! These knit up very quickly and the pattern was easy to memorize. I was even able to cable without a cable needle on these (a first for me)! The yarn is ever so soft! The socks are nice and warm. Okay, so they are a little too warm for SoCal. That means that someone out there can expect to see them as a gift later this year.

Next up are the progress shots:

First we have an entire sleeve from Aran Rose Peach. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cotton DK. I have realized that I will probably need more yarn (curse my optimism) so I need to knit quickly while I can still find a fix to finish the back if when I need it.


Next we have my FLAK (betcha never thought I get around to this one). I've sailed off to sleeve island and expect to be there for some time. The warmth of spring has made this low on my priorities, but I do enjoy the pattern.


Of course, my sock knitting needles can never remain empty, so we have the next sock in line. This one is the Fluted Banister pattern that was a 6Sox Knitalong project many months ago. The pattern is quick and easy and the yarn is a cotton that looks to be fun for summer.


What I really wanted was to start on a pair of Trekking XXL socks. I had one skein when Margene and Norma announced their inspired new KAL.

Trek Along With Me


Now I have two skeins of Trekking XXL (66 for me and 69 for Mr. Engineer) and I'm chomping at the bit waiting for 1 June. Maybe I will need to cast on early......

4 comments:

Jane said...

Your socks look great. I like the Fluted Banister pattern, too.

Kate said...

I came over from the knitalong group to say your socks look fantastic! Solid color socks are so handsome,and this pair is very very nice. thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

Oh man...now I'm going to have to join another kAL! How can I resist this Trek With Me KAL when I live in the Rocky Mtns in a log cabin and love to hike..LOL

Ruth said...

Love your Denmark socks. I just started mine, and am loving the pattern. I think it looks particularly handsome in a solid color.