Monday, September 05, 2005

Summer is Nearly Over - Aiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee

School starts tomorrow and I don't really want the summer to end. I've enjoyed this last, lazy week with Young Man and few responsibilities. Tomorrow he heads off to third grade and I go back to work. Time is marching along. Today is also Big Guy and my 18th wedding anniversary!

It really seems hard to believe that we've been together this long. It really doesn't seem like that long. This is a very good thing. We aren't exactly celebrating. I did give us a copy of Blues Brothers and we aren't doing the million tasks that need to be done today. Young Man is getting a play date this afternoon and I'm hanging around knitting.

The big project for the weekend is a pair of socks using the Koigu KPPPM that I picked up while on vacation. It's a pretty wild green mix. I had planned to make the Crusoe socks from Knitty, but what adult can wear socks with a 44 stitch cast on? I could have just made them larger, but the stranded design wasn't working with the colorway so I switched to Susan's tried and true sock pattern and a stitch design that she used earlier this year. The socks are still wild, but they suit my mood this holiday weekend.

If you wander to Susan's blog, be sure to check out the Give a Little campaign she has started with Margene. I haven't blogged about Katrina because I just don't have the words. I am very glad that no one I know directly was affected and I am saddened by the slow response by my government and the lack of planning for a disaster that everyone knew would happen one day.

No comments: