Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Lots of Projects Off the Needles

I've been busy finishing things. See below for the proof. I have another pair of socks (that makes three, if you are counting). I'm now making a second pair of rainbow socks, but I've modified the pattern to go down to US2 needles and sizing to fit my son. So far, so good. The bag and scarf are going-away gifts for a very special teacher. The bag was fun and easy. I plan to add a lining and stiffened bottom.

The scarf is a variation of Heart from Knitty.com. I switched from a very thick yarn to a worsted weight and added a second column of hearts. I call it Heart Too, but it is still copyrighted by Knitty.

The big project on the needles right now is really a small one. I'm making Shedir also from Knitty. It's my first attempt at cables. Sure, I would try this with US3 circular needles. I'm at row 37 of 83 and I'm still not convinced that it looks cabled. I suspect that I'm just too close to it. I should have it finished by the weekend.

No comments: