Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Just Call Me a Sweater Girl

I am no longer intimidated by sweaters! I have now completed two sweaters. One was supposed to be for a baby, but it fits a teddy bear quite nicely. The second sweater is posted in the pictures below. This one is made from Lion Brands' Homespun yarn in Regency. My son picked out the yarn himself and tells me that the sweater is, "really comfortable." With an appreciative audience like him, I'm bound to keep at this. The sweater pattern (free from Michael's website) was easy. If I were to do it again, I would make the body longer and I would definitely buy more yarn. Three skeins just barely made it to finish the pieces and I had to use other yarn to finish sewing up the seams. Luckily I had some other Homespun that was close enough to work.

No comments: