Saturday, May 14, 2011

Curl Up With a Book

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Amazing book! This was very far out of my range of what I know about. I have never lived in (or even visited) the South. I have never had hired help and have no experience with most of the situations in the book. Still, I am human and Ms. Stockett did a fabulous job of bringing out the humanity of her characters (or utter lack of humanity in at least one case). This was absolutly one of those books that I had trouble putting down and I have the dark rings under my eyes to prove it.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kay Cantley said...

Hi! Stumbled upon your blog and just wanted to say that Hilly is probably the most detestable character in literary history! I enjoyed the book very much as well. :)