Friday, April 29, 2011

Curl Up With a Book

The Weird SistersThe Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This reminded me quite a bit of The Monsters of Templeton, by Lauren Goff. There was a similar going home and discovering yourself vibe, but this is no knock-off. The character development of the sisters was very good and the (very) frequent Shakespeare quotations weren't too annoying. As I finished I will admit that I was a bit disappointed. Somehow, I felt that the ending was rushed. Then again, I must give the author credit for staying absolutely true to her characters. A tidy ending wasn't really in the cards for these women, but I will admit that the ending was perfect for the book. I get completely annoyed with authors who end their books with events that just aren't true to the story or have the characters do things that are completely out of character. All in all, this was a very good read that kept me company through a long set of flights home and a recovery from a cold.



View all my reviews

No comments: