Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It Just Gets Better

I was so excited to get my Matrix Madness off the needles. Finally! Then I started weaving in the ends. Argh!!!!! The shawl/scarf is loosely knit so the extra layer of weaving shows everywhere but at the ends. I'm also concerned that this stuff will unweave itself. Luckily, I have until the 10th of July to figure it out. One way or another I will get the best of this project before it gets the best of me!

Happily, my Petticoat Socks are coming along nicely. I turned the heel on the first sock today at lunch and will start picking up around the gusset after Young Man goes to bed tonight. There are two projects in the queue for the next few weeks. I think the skein of Rodeo needs to become a pair of socks for my mother. The other project is the infamous Branching Out. I have some gorgeous Silky Wool waiting impatiently for me.

That quick trip to the Opal site to get the link gave me a pleasant surprise. They have previews of the new Opal yarns coming this year. The rainforest yarns are gorgeous! They even have a new Tiger!!! Oh, this could be an expensive fall. It's for a good cause, right?

No comments: