Sunday, December 05, 2010

Go Another Round with Lisbeth

The Girl Who Played with FireThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow! That's not a particularly insightful review, but it was exactly what I said after I finished this book. I should probably amend that to say, after I dropped everything that "should" have been done and finished this book. As much as I enjoyed The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo, I enjoyed this second book much, much more. The first book took almost 300 pages before I was fully engaged. This second book grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go. Larsson's style is like nothing else I have read. It is stark and completely reporter-like, but gives everything I need for the story. Lisbeth is a completely messed up character, but much of that mess is understandable after reading this book. Of course, now I am having a horrible time restraining myself from buying and starting the third book. I am again saddened that Stieg Larsson is no longer with us to grace us with more books.



Seriously, if you have read the first book in this series, what are you waiting for? You will like this one even more!



View all my reviews