Thursday, September 03, 2009

I Do Not Like Soup

There, I admit it. I don't know why, but I have never liked sipping my food. I don't mine sipping a good wine or a pint, but I don't want to sip my meal. It seems vaguely unwholesome to admit to not liking soup. Certainly, chicken soup is supposed to be comfort food and everyone suggests soup when you are sick. Okay, so I will concede that a grilled cheese sandwich isn't much without some tomato soup for dipping, but beyond that I don't want any stupid soup!

Perhaps it is the connection with illness that gets me. I'm sure I was fed lots of soup as I recovered from myriad illnesses as a child. Maybe that was why I reacted when Mr. Engineer suggested soup for lunch. Yes, I am sick. Yes, some hot liquid would probably help. Does it have to be soup???? Ugh. I do not like being sick and I do not like soup!

For the record, I did eat the stupid soup, but I didn't enjoy it. I am feeling better, but I'm sure it is because of the antibiotics and steroids (and the week spent mostly in bed) and not the soup.

No comments: